What are the types of activated carbon filter elements?
Everyone knows that water purifiers generally have 3-5 filter elements, each with different functions and effects. Today, Guangzhou Lvyuan Water Purification Equipment Co., Ltd. will focus on the types of activated carbon filter elements.
There are many different types of activated carbon filter elements, such as sintered activated carbon filter elements and compressed activated carbon filter elements. Their difference is:
(1) The difference in skills. The former is formed by organic bonding and then heated at a high temperature to carbonize the organic binder and form micropores, so that 100% of the filter element body is made of carbon material; the latter is plastic mixed and kneaded, and some carbon particles are Plastic package, the actual useful adsorption of carbon particles is only 40%.
(2) The former has fine carbon particles and is larger than the surface area. It uses pore technology, with tortuous pore diameters, and has a stronger ability to absorb pollution. The power of filtering residual chlorine and other organic matter in the water can reach more than 99.9%; the latter has large particles due to technical factors. , Smaller than the surface area, the pore size depends on the gap of the particles to form a linear pore size, and the micropores of some activated carbon are blocked during the processing process, the filtration power is low, and the adsorption cannot be completed. The water flow rate is faster than the former under the same pressure. Poor talents are weak.
Activated carbon filter type of compressed activated carbon filter
(3) The former has a good decolorization effect. The color of cola and soy sauce can be completely removed at a filtration rate of 1l/min, which has an outstanding effect on the terminal demonstration of the product; the latter can hardly remove the color of cola and soy sauce. Drop.
(4) The former has high filtration precision, more abundant, and guaranteed water taste.
(5) The former has controllable filtration precision, which can be controlled within the range of 0.1um-30um, which can meet different needs of customers and can replace the ceramic filter element; the latter does not have this feature.
(6) The former is more environmentally friendly, 100% carbonaceous materials are easy to regenerate and reuse, and will not pollute the environment after being discarded; the latter degraded organic materials are difficult to regenerate, and the price is high, which will pollute the environment after being discarded.
What are the types of activated carbon filters
The types of activated carbon filter elements can also be divided into the following categories:
1. The compact activated carbon filter element uses coal-based activated carbon and coconut shell activated carbon with high adsorption value as the filter material, and is sintered and compacted with a food-grade binder. The compact activated carbon filter element is separately wrapped with a layer of non-woven fabric with a filtering effect to ensure that the carbon core itself will not fall into the carbon powder. The two ends of the carbon core are equipped with soft nitrile rubber seals, so that the carbon core is installed in the filter cartridge. Outstanding airtightness.
2. Bulk activated carbon filter element. Put the required activated carbon particles into a special plastic shell, and use welding equipment to weld the end caps on the two ends of the shell. The two ends of the shell are separated into a non-woven filter with a filtering effect. To ensure that the carbon core will not drop carbon powder and black water during use. According to customer needs, the shell end cover can be made into different types of connection ports. Interface methods are: flat pressure type and pipeline type.
Although there are many types of activated carbon filters, the ultimate goal is to purify water. Don't underestimate it, it can absorb many impurities!
Granular activated carbon filter element
The raw materials of the granular activated carbon filter element are generally coconut shell, fruit shell and coal, etc., which are refined by a special process. The appearance is black amorphous particles, pore structure, and good adsorption performance. The general service life is 9-12 months. Through various experiments and comparisons, the activated carbon filter element of coconut shell material has a better purification effect.
Granular activated carbon integrates adsorption, filtration and interception, and catalysis. It can remove residual pesticides, organic matter, residual chlorine, etc. in the water, and also has the functions of decolorization and deodorization. Because the granular activated carbon is in granular form, if it is a granular activated carbon filter element with poor material and workmanship, it will be broken due to mutual collision after being impacted by the water flow, causing the filtered water to turn black, and there is a problem of secondary pollution. Franni’s selected coconut shell granular activated carbon filter element has compact and uniform pore size and good adsorption effect. Except for the initial use, there may be some black water, but there will be no signs of black water in the future use, and it will not be formed due to adsorption. Secondary pollution.
Compressed activated carbon filter
The compressed activated carbon filter element is made by mixing granular activated carbon powder material and inorganic liquid binder, pouring it into a special mold, compressing it with a high pressure press, and drying it after being out of the mold. Generally, the service life of compressed activated carbon is 9-16 month.
In the water purifier, the compressed activated carbon filter element can further absorb the different colors and odors, chemical pesticide residues, residual chlorine and other substances in the water. In general reverse osmosis water purifiers, compressed activated carbon filter elements are added after the granular activated carbon filter element. One is to further filter out impurities in the water, and the other is to protect the RO membrane and prolong the service life of the RO membrane.
Rear activated carbon filter
The post activated carbon filter element is a new type of depth filter element, which is composed of selected coconut shell activated carbon with low hot melt adhesive. Since silver atoms can kill bacteria and bacteria, some good activated carbon materials will be treated with silver loading. For different brands of water purifiers, the name of the rear activated carbon filter is different, some are called the rear silver activated carbon filter, and some are called the taste factor filter.
Ordinary activated carbon filter
In reverse osmosis water purifiers, the rear silver activated carbon filter is placed at the end, the main function is to improve the taste of water and inhibit bacterial regeneration. Frannie's rear activated carbon filter is called the taste factor filter. It is made of imported Calgon coconut shell from the United States. It has a good adsorption effect. With the unique silver technology, the antibacterial effect is better, the water quality is more pure, and the taste is more sweet.